Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Big Bailout

Ok, this morning President Obama had a press conference to push his economic stimulus package. I have some serious doubts about this project. First of all, have we forgotten the $800 billion bailout for the banks? Where did all THAT money go, do you know, does anyone really know? All this talk about transparency and what do we get? Something about as clear as mud, and billions added to the national debt.

Now we're going for strike #2 and I fear that's exactly how it will end up. One of my main concerns, is not that there is so much money in this package and not that the money will go all over the place. My main concern, is that the Democrat's have added far too many worthless and not worthwhile expenditures. I do not classify my self as either Dem or Repub, more of a hybrid of the two, all tho I did root and vote for Obama. There just seems to be too much, excuse the McCain phrase, pork-barrel spending here. I think we need to focus on how these cocky Dems are trying to spend this money or we may get hosed again.

No comments:

Post a Comment